I actually started taking my kids to the movies as they reach three years old. So for Khaira, it is a personal record for us coz she's so young.
Begini caranya untuk buat si kecil tidak meraban dan menjadi punca kalian di halau keluar daripada panggung kerana memekak, menangis dan mengganggu ketenteraman...
1. Prepare food. Bukanlah nasi lemak, nasi ayam bagai. All those jajans yang ada jual kat kiosk wayang tu, buy them! Unfortunately, TGV kiosk only sells popcorns and hotdogs, but we took them.
Bila dia nak nguek jek, offer makanan. That distracted her, sambil memenuhkan perut.
2. Keep her calm, jadi kamu kena tenang. If you start a screaming match with your child, tak kesudahan dan confirm kena halau. And tak perlu garang2 nak suruh dia diam. Distract her, we were lucky Maleficent is a beautiful movie, so banyaklah benda2 pelik you can show her during the show. Kids will appreciate.
3. Jangan masuk panggung too early. When you are 'punctual' you go in a super huge quiet room. And when the screen starts showing those super-loud advertisements, and the lights go off, your kid is going to panic and she will cry. That's what happened to my eldest when she was younger. Being a kiasu mom, memang lah nak sampai awal je kan, macamlah main chup2 seat padahal dah tahu tempat duduk. But I have learnt, kalau nak enjoy the movie, masuk je lambat skit. We were almost half and hour late, coz long que at the jajan counter. Went in, the ads were still blaring. Khaira adjusted her sight and hearing, tadaaaa... she was curious. But ehem, she's a huge fan of advertisements so adjusted well.
4. It's okay to bring a stroller along. Mana nak bawak air, popcorn, hotdogs, twisties etc dengan dukung anak, make sure anak lain pun tak berterabur lari, you atleast need one child contained lah haaaa... And atleast can sangkut whatever is in plastic bags on your stroller. You can leave the stroller at the back of the hall while you're enjoying the movie.
5. You can talk to your child during the show, tapi janganlah bersembang kuat macam kat rumah. Keep your voice low as you whisper in her ears. That will keep her calm.
6. You can let her walk around, but within you kawasan and be careful jangan sampai tersentuh kepala orang depan or menghentak their seat. I get very annoyed if there's a child dok tendang2 the back of my seat so I don't let my kids do it too.
7. Bawa plastik sampah. Kids make mess, that's just how it is. Supaya nampak macam parents yang hebat skit, (haha) bawa plastik sampai to thrash whatever bekas makan yang ada. I always teach my kids to not leave their sampah on their seats when the show is over. Cari tong sampah lepas keluar wayang.
So yes, if enjoy your movie. Have a great time (tak bermakna kena ketawa terbahak2 pun). Praise your child/kids if they behaved well, itu doa supaya dia teruskan dengan perangai baiknya...
Us girls after the movie. Depan ni pun jadilah..!